I am a PhD student in the University of São Paulo working under the supervision of professors Dr Roberto Hirata Jr and Dr Nina S. T. Hirata. I received my Bachelor's degree in Computer Science in 2010 (with honors!) from the University of São Paulo as well. The objective of my PhD is to improve the state-of-the-art of Image Operator Learning when learning mappings between non-binary images.
Currently, I am doing a sandwitch at the Institut National des Sciences Appliquées in Rouen under the supervision of professor Dr Stéphane Canu (member of LITIS and Normastic).
I sometimes write texts (in portuguese) at my blog and I also publish some of them in the Articles section.
- Montagner, I. S.; Hirata, R.; Hirata, N.S.T., "Learning to remove staff lines from music score images," Image Processing (ICIP), 2014 IEEE International Conference on , vol., no., pp.2614,2618, 27-30 Oct. 2014 More details;
- Montagner, I. S.; Hirata, R.; Hirata, N.S.T., "A Machine Learning Based Method for Staff Removal," Pattern Recognition (ICPR), 2014 22nd International Conference on , vol., no., pp.3162,3167, 24-28 Aug. 2014 More details;
- Montagner, I. S.; Hirata, R.; Hirata, N.S.T., "TRIOS - an open source toolbox for training image operators from samples". Workshop of Works in Progress (WIP) in SIBGRAPI 2012 (XXV Conference on Graphics, Patterns and Images), pp 45-46, 2012, Ouro Preto;
- Mattos, A. B.; Montagner, I. S.; Crivellaro, A.; Klava, B.; Brun, M., "Computer vision research at IBOPE Media: automation tools to reduce human intervention", In XXIV Sibgrapi (Conference on Graphics, Patterns and Images) - Workshop on Interactive Graphics and Visualization for Industry-Driven Applied and Exploratory Research, 2011;
- Montagner, I. S.; Takemura, C. M ; Crivellaro, A. ; César Júnior, R. M . "Análise e Conversão de Tablóides de Promoções". In: XXIV Sibgrapi (Conference on Graphics, Patterns and Images), 2011, Maceió. Workshops of Sibgrapi 2011 - Undergraduate Works, 2011.
This list of publications is also available at Google Scholar and at the Lattes Platform.
- TRIOS - Training Image Operator from Samples: Library with methods for learning image operators directly from samples. More details.
Free software contributions:
I am a big fan of free software and the open web and I am still learning how to contribute to this ecosystem. However, I already managed to make the following very small contributions:
- Bug 796702 on Firefox OS
- Issue in Brython
I am also interested in this Bug and this bug.